Monumental masterpiece with 100 days power reserve
The table clock “L’amour”, which weighs almost 50kgs, resembles a lavish shrine. The fully gilded 100-day movement sits enthroned on four mighty silvered pillars. The clock is driven by a barrel and fusee - a system which is little used today but which serves to equalize the torque exerted by the mainspring as the spring runs down, thus delivering a constant power to the wheel train.
The movement consists of just a few superbly worked wheels and pinions. They transmit the impulses to the escapement with utmost efficiency. Aficionados and lovers of mechanics marvel in comprehending the workings of this fine clock. The escapement design is “dead-beat” with ruby pallets developed in our clockworks. The movement is complemented with a 5-rod compensation pendulum and fine rate adjuster.
Elaborate finishing by hand
Fine, balanced steel hands turn around a chapter ring made of solid sterling silver. Stroke by stroke, a master engraver incises delicate numerals and characters into the resilient material and thus each hand engraved dial is unique. The clockmaker finally screws this darkened, lavishly finished dial onto its four posts.
A framed canopy with bevelled glass panels protects the clock from dirt and dust. Two 6cm plates of Galactica granite form the base for this precious movement. The raw material has had a long, hard journey from its rocky origins to the finished plinth. Sawn, smoothed into form and finally elaborately polished to perfection, the stone unfolds its inherent beauty and shimmering structure. A unique natural product.
- Matthias Naeschke caliber 1
- Power reserve 100 days
- Spring drive with barrel and fusee
- Skeletonized main plates of 4 mm brass and 3 solid pillars
- All brass parts are mirror polished and gilded
- Pinions and arbors hardened and polished
- Dead-beat “Naeschke” escapement with round ruby pallets
- Compensation pendulum beating 108 per minute
- 6 precision ball bearings, 7 ruby bearings
- Hand-engraved chapter ring of 1.5 mm sterling silver
- Flame-blued spade hands
- Base of the case made of granite
- Glass canopy with struts made of mirror polished brass and a front door is fitted
- Clockwork attachment on four solid metal columns
- Four adjustment screws for leveling the case
- A spirit level for adjustment is fitted
- 5 bevelled glasses
- Optionally available are different types of granite or wood for the base
- Height x width x depht: 61 x 42 x 31 cms
We offer different possibilities for individualization. The movements can be refined in yellow gold, rhodium or rose gold. The wooden cases can be adapted to existing interior fittings.