- Matthias Naeschke caliber 2
- Power reserve 60 days (9 weeks)
- Spring drive with barrel and fuse
- 2 main plates of 4 mm and one main plate of 2 mm brass
- 8 solid pillars
- All brass parts are mirror polished and gilded
- Pinions and arbors hardened and polished
- Swiss lever platform escapement with screwed balance
- Frequency: 14.400 beats per hour
- 2 precision ball bearings, 16 ruby bearings
Table clock NT 2
Grande Complication with two dials and perpetual calendar
The design philosophy for our table clock NT 2 was to create a timepiece that will provide for business people (or the private individual) to assimilate the different time-zones around the world. For this purpose we considered all the necessary functions that facilitate international communication. The NT 2 unites a perpetual calendar, an indication of the calendar-week and world time-zones. The problems arising for handling the indication of summer time were solved in the Business Clock by using different colors for the cities to differentiate those with and without summer time.
- Perpetual calendar indicating the leap year in a little opening of the dial
- World time display with colour coding of cities with and without summer time
- Second dial with 24-hour division and adjustable hour hand for a second time zone
- Calendar week display in a separate window
- Power reserve indicator in a separate window
- Dials with attached chapter rings, diamond-shaped facets and printing in various colours
- Spade hands made of polished and flame-blued steel indicating hours and minutes
- Gilded hands for all calendar functions
- Solid gilded bezels
- Base of the case made of granite
- Glass canopy with struts made of mirror polished brass and on request two doors are fitted
- 5 bevelled glasses
- Inserted in the base of the case sits a precision turntable
- Optionally available are different types of granite or wood for the base
Height x width x depht: 28 x 21,5 x 18,5 cms
We offer different possibilities for individualization. The movements can be refined in yellow gold, rhodium or rose gold. The wooden cases can be adapted to existing interior fittings.
Second dial as a special feature
Another special feature of the NT 2 is an alternative 24hr dial, mounted on the rear of the movement. The hour hand of this dial incorporates a latching adjustment wheel so it can be changed to indicate any time-zone. To observe the alternate 24hr dial, the massive case of granite, brass and glass must be reversed and we had to discover a way to rotate the clock on its base. The solution was found in a large turntable with a huge oversized flat ball-race. The whole clock is now mounted on a concealed rotary suspension about 2mm above the table and can be freely rotated.
Movement as a technical showpiece
The finely finished, gilded movement of the NT 2 is a construction with three main plates. Conforming with our design philosophies, it is a long running movement with a power reserve of nine weeks. A window in one of the dials indicates when the clock requires winding. The barrel, fusee and train wheels sit between two massive 4mm main plates. The remaining mechanisms, the Swiss lever platform escapement and parts of the perpetual calendar are planted in the second level of the main plates.
The dials of the NT 2 are made of several different chapter-rings mounted on the base dials. Bright polished parts alternate and contrast with grained parts and it requires more than 20 working processes to paint and finish the dials. Blued and gilded hands glide over the indications and give the NT 2 its life - its private personality.
In this select timepiece, classical clockmaking melds with modern concepts producing a clock built without any possible compromise of design or quality. Manufactured by masters of their profession, a unique clock of this exclusive calibre is set to last many generations.