8-day runner with weight drive
In addition to classic design for the functions of the mechanism, our clockwork developments always focus on aesthetics. So it is also with our 8-day table clock model NT 11 GG. The gilded movement with four large wheels in the gear train, designed in the classic golden ratio, is skeletonized in the typical Naeschke style. It rests on four Tuscan columns, each composed of six separate parts. Behind the clockwork, the compensation pendulum oscillates in half-second intervals. A driving weight hangs on either side of the clockwork, each on only 0.5mm stainless steel cable. The escapement of this clockwork carries our in-house anchor form with circular ruby pallets. Notice that the escapement can be nicely seen from the front as the impulse points of the pallets and escape wheel sit beyond the outer bezel of the dial.
Fascinating interaction of escape wheel and anchor
The interested observer can thus enjoy the unimpeded, fascinating impulsing of tooth on ruby. The large chapter ring of the table clock NT 11 GG is plated with frosted silver and provided with classic Roman numerals and minutes. The dark blued steel hands in stylized lily-form are typical of many of our models and combine for the elegant presentation of the dial. The mechanism is protected by a fully glazed canopy precluding dust but giving clear sight for inquisitive eyes.
Bright wood colours and polished surfaces
The bright case base consists of olive burl, cherry wood and gilded metal inlays. Its elaborately polished lacquer competes with the gilded finish of the mechanism. Four adjustable feet on the corners are used to precisely level the clock. With its compact dimensions of W 30 x D 22 x H 45 cm, this timepiece is a beautiful and functional accessory for stylishly furnished rooms and is at home as well on smaller furniture pieces. On request, the NT 11 can be manufactured in a rhodium-plated execution with a black wooden base.
- Matthias Naeschke Caliber 11
- Power reserve 8 days
- Weight drive
- Skeletonized main plates of 4 mm brass and 5 solid pillars
- All brass parts are mirror polished and gilded
- Pinions and arbors hardened and polished
- Dead-beat “Naeschke” escapement with round ruby pallets
- Compensation pendulum beating 120 per minute
- 4 precision ball bearings, 7 ruby bearings
- Matte silvered chapter ring
- Printed with Roman numerals and minutes
- Flame-blued hands
- A gilded bezel is fitted
- Base made of olivewood burl, cherry wood and metal inlays with polished clear varnish
- Glass canopy with struts made of mirror polished brass and front door
- Clockwork secured on four solid metal columns
- Four adjustment screws for leveling the case
- 5 bevelled glasses
- Height x width x depht: 45 x 30 x 22 cms
We offer different possibilities for individualization. The movements can be refined in yellow gold, rhodium or rose gold. The wooden cases can be adapted to existing interior fittings.