Sturdy striking clock in classical form
This longcase clock, with its eight week movement and its half hour strike, using two large bells, is a classic and distinguished living-room clock.
This carefully fashioned clock is predestined to provide permanent pleasure to anyone with style and culture. Even if you are absent for longer periods of time, this grandfather clock will still be running and striking on your return.
Brilliantly beautiful mechanics
The sturdy movement has great potential for a variety of special individual requirements and has been designed to endure for many generations. Apart from hours, minutes and seconds, it can indicate the date, the full calendar, the perpetual calendar, equation of time and the phases of the moon, etc.
The model NL 200 is an extremely versatile clock. It can be fitted either with hand engraved chapter rings of sterling silver or a closed dial. A slightly domed enamel dial and baroque shaped hands define this clock as a timeless and restrained piece of horological art.
The captivating beauty of hand-crafted, perfectly finished mechanics speaks for itself. Hardened and polished steel pinions, 12 precision ball bearings, 9 ruby bearings and large ruby pallets on the anchor promise durability.
At the half hour and hour this clock chimes on two fine tuned bells filling the room with their pure sound and reminding us of the inexorable flow of time.
- Matthias Naeschke caliber 200
- Power reserve 56 days (8 weeks)
- Weight drive with pulley
- Skeletonized main plates of 4 mm brass and 7 solid pillars
- All brass parts are mirror polished and gilded
- Pinions and arbors hardened and polished
- Dead-beat “Naeschke” escapement with round ruby pallets
- Compensation pendulum beating seconds
- Matthias Naeschke rack strike mechanism
- Strike on the half hour and hour on two bells (ding-dong)
- 12 precision ball bearings, 10 ruby bearings
- Hand-engraved chapter rings of 1.5 mm sterling silver
- Indication of seconds
- Indication of the date
- Flame-blued hands
- Optionally available full calendar and moon phase
- Optionally available Breguet hands of flame-blued steel
- Cherry wood with a special “Matthias Naeschke” dark stained satin varnish
- Despite the dark varnish, the wood structure is still visible
- Different wood types and colours are available
- 6 bevelled glasses
- Marquetry of mother of pearl and yewwood
- Height x width x depht: 206 x 42 x 23 cms
We offer different possibilities for individualization. The movements can be refined in yellow gold, rhodium or rose gold. The wooden cases can be adapted to existing interior fittings.