Combination of traditional values and contemporary
Do you remember the occasion from childhood on Sundays when the grandfather with the winding crank, performed a ritual under the eyes of the family, raising the weights of the main clock?
Such childhood experiences are those which have motivated the participants of todays electronic high-tech to look for a successful and original piece of mechanics. Something that will not immediately be discarded, just because the battery is flat or the required repair far exceeds the value of the clock.
For over 30 years our clockworks is fully engaged with precisely this pursuit of something valuable. Each year, only a few exclusive clocks leave our workshop, made by dedicated artisans.
Extended pendulum imparts coziness
The precision clock named NL 125 RH with gravity escapement is a valuable asset and one of the pillars of our clock collection. Silent movements of the 1¼ second pendulum in the clock cabinet conveys a feeling of comfort. Even the central seconds hand makes a single turn in four minutes - much slower than usual.
With its rhodium-plated movement, the classical longcase clock NL 125 RH presents a thoroughly modern timepiece, although individual elements of the black cabinet are inspired by the French Empire period. Distilled to a contemporary level and in combination with rhodium-plated movement this exclusive mechanical clock fits very well into spaces that are characterized by modern design.
We can supply red hands that provide a nice contrast, providing small touches of color which blend beautifully with the large, round ruby pallets of the gravity escapement.
- Matthias Naeschke caliber 125
- Power reserve 21 days
- Weight drive with pulley
- Skeletonized main plates of 4 mm brass and 5 solid pillars
- All brass parts are mirror polished and (except the gilded wheels) rhodium plated
- Pinions and arbors hardened and polished
- Free gravity escapement with 4 round ruby pallets
- Compensation pendulum beating 1 ¼ seconds
- 6 precision ball bearings, 9 ruby bearings
- Hand-engraved chapter ring of 1.5 mm sterling silver
- Flame-blued or red spade hands
- Balanced seconds hand
- The seconds hand makes one revolution in four minutes
- On request flame blued classical shaped hands are available
- Cherry wood with a special “Matthias Naeschke” dark stained satin varnish
- Despite the dark varnish, the wood structure is still visible
- Different wood types and colours are available
- Glass frames in silver colour
- 4 bevelled glasses
- Maquetry of ebony in the back wall
- Height x width x depht: 205 x 40 x 22 cms
We offer different possibilities for individualization. The movements can be refined in yellow gold, rhodium or rose gold. The wooden cases can be adapted to existing interior fittings.