Gravity-driven precision pendulum clock
The three-week clock NL 125 GG with a 1¼ second pendulum and gravity escapement is a clock, unique in this design, construction and quality. The innovative design goes to show that the potential for further developments in the field of mechanical precision clocks is far from exhausted.
The combination of the finest of materials with first-class clockmaking guarantees durable clocks with lasting value for many generations.
The technical highlight of this clock is an extremely robust gravity escapement, especially developed by Matthias Naeschke. Four circular ruby pallets work with the escape wheel without dynamic unlocking problems. Neither the energy flow of the train, with only two transmission ratios, nor the ambient temperature has any compromising influence.
Gravity is the only influence on the two arms of the lever with the two precisely adjustable impulse arms, thus ensuring that the amplitude of the pendulum is permanently constant. This ideal situation is the prerequisite for realising a true precision clock from a mechanical clock.
Style and technical finesse
The hand-engraved, massive (1.5mm) sterling silver dial, blued, pierced hands, polished, gilded brass components, large rubies and a fine, stained cherrywood case with refined inlay and silver veins combine to make up a single stylistic unit.
The aesthetics of this longcase clock convey the feeling of harmony. The 1.77m pendulum moves solemnly yet soothingly, always showing the precise time and at the same time one feels the deeper meaning of time.
- Matthias Naeschke caliber 125
- Power reserve 21 days
- Weight drive with pulley
- Skeletonized main plates of 4 mm brass and 5 solid pillars
- All brass parts are mirror polished and gilded
- Pinions and arbors hardened and polished
- Free gravity escapement with 4 round ruby pallets
- Compensation pendulum beating 1 ¼ seconds
- 6 precision ball bearings, 9 ruby bearings
- Hand-engraved chapter ring of 1,5mm sterling silver
- Flame-blued hands
- Balanced seconds hand
- The seconds hand makes one revolution in four minutes
- On request flame-blued spade hands are available
- Cherry wood with a special “Matthias Naeschke” dark stained satin varnish
- Despite the dark varnish, the wood structure is still visible
- Different wood types and colours are available
- Glass frames in silver or gold colour possible
- 4 bevelled glasses
- Maquetry of ebony in the back wall
- Height x width x depht: 205 x 40 x 22 cms
We offer different possibilities for individualization. The movements can be refined in yellow gold, rhodium or rose gold. The wooden cases can be adapted to existing interior fittings.